Areas of Expertise
Commercial & Investment Real Estate Brokerage
- Working with both individual and institutional investors through acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, and development of commercial real estate.
Our objective is to uncover opportunities for new investment properties in addition to working on existing properties in investment portfolios to achieve the client’s underlying goals. Investment real estate brokerage is a niche area of operation and focal point for our company.
1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges
- Proficiently navigate the time constraints of 1031 exchanges and aim to maximize the investors options through expertise and diligence in evaluation of both on and off market properties. As the recent tax changes have impacted investors, many real estate investors are looking to employ tax strategies such as 1031 tax deferred exchanges. While this strategy should be coordinated and directed by your tax advisor, we are able to play an integral role in the process of selling properties investors are interested in divesting and identifying potential new properties in which the investor may exchange. The timing restrictions associated with such strategies are quite onerous and our streamline process is designed to accommodate this accelerated pace. Our wide geographic reach is advantageous in allowing us a large playing field for which to identify replacement properties.
Sale Leaseback Transactions
- One of our premiere areas of expertise, we have a special practice group devoted to Sale Leaseback Transactions. Click here for the Sale Leaseback Practice Group. The unique structure of sale leaseback transactions allows a property’s owner occupant to sell their real estate to an outside investor and simultaneously execute a lease to convert the occupant into a tenant rather than the owner. The occupant is able to exit the ownership role but remain in the property as a tenant continuing to utilize the real estate without the ownership. The sale leaseback is a way to “monetize” a property for owners who desire liquidity and flexibility. Medical sale leasebacks are our primary area of focus.
Build to Suit Development
- Creating the real estate specifically for the end users while providing the end user lease or purchase options. Corporate America has largely had the luxury of getting the real estate needed by having it built and owned by built and owned by investors and developers. This option can optimizes the business’ real estate that they need and desire without the end user bearing the financial burden of ownership or the headache of playing the role of developer. While we work with publicly traded companies on build to suit development through our development partnerships, we bring this option more widely to private businesses—to provide them similar advantages and options more commonly found provided to larger, public companies.
Development Consulting/Landlord Representation
- Partnering with owners and developers to create real estate investments from conceptual opportunity to completion or to redevelop the real estate to provide greater value. Our developers either build to hold for their portfolios or develop for us to bring to market. Developers and owners also engage us to work with all stages of new development concepts of all sorts from single tenant build to suit to power center development, but often we are engaged to add value to existing projects, projects that are under construction or projects that are in distress or need a turnaround. We assist in the analytical component through market studies focusing on vacancy, rental rates, absorption tendencies, and the overall supply and demand dynamics to determine an effective strategy for maximizing the property’s potential in its market. The development consulting component allows us to be innovative in determining real estate strategies as well as assisting a developer in the creation of real estate investments.
Tenant Representation/Site Selection
- Driven by extensive research, analytics, and field work, we offer creative real estate solutions for tenant end users and owner end users through thoroughly exploring options and utilizing our unique skill sets to see beyond what is there and think about what could be there on both the market and site level. We work with a variety of end users to identify the appropriate property or site to optimize the balance between location and budget. Through our development partners and investors, we are able to offer unique real estate options that help enable end users to minimize the money tied up in real estate so that they can focus their capital on their business operations. Build to suit projects often facilitate a tenant having a space customized to meet their needs without the financial burden of owning the building. Through our diverse client pool, we perform these services for an array of businesses from privately owned business to publicly traded companies.
- Exercising our imaginations is often necessary to when considering what land could become, but a thorough understanding of the zoning, regulatory, and market considerations are also quite important in making land productive, we offer a variety of land services including agricultural, recreation, development, and transitional land brokerage.
- Office – Professional, Medical, Special Use
- Multifamily – Traditional, Student Housing, Condominium
- Retail – Shopping Centers, Freestanding, Build to Suit, Restaurant
- Industrial – Light, Flex, Warehouse
- Land – Recreational, Agricultural, Transitional, Development
- Mixed Use – PUDs, Residential/Commercial mix, Combined Multiple Commercial uses
Specialized Practice Areas
One of our premiere areas of expertise, we have a special practice group devoted to Sale Leaseback Transactions
We provide a broad range of healthcare real estate services to private physician groups, hospital systems, healthcare companies, owners of surgical and specialty medical facilities, and investors of real estate occupied by healthcare tenants
This specialization area focuses on acquisition and disposition of single tenant net lease assets (STNL) for clients spread across the country.
Description to come.
Description to come.